The Westbourne Academy provides total immersion English Language courses to satisfy all students' requirements, whether this is for leisure, academic or professional needs. With various political barriers coming down all over the world, more and more countries are interacting in the commercial community and English is the medium by which they interact. Set out opposite is a list of courses regularly provided.
Our qualified and experienced core teaching staff will give you as much personal attention as possible. They are aware of all the learning possibilities there are outside the classroom as well as within it. They are involved in Language counselling and social and sport activities, therefore quickly creating a relaxed and reliable relationship with all their students.
Homework is an essential part of all programmes providing an important element in the monitoring of a student's progress.
Leaving certificates, stating level of achievement, are given to students who attend their courses regularly.
Course Information 2013
There is an enrolment fee of £50.00 for each course.
All lessons are of 40 minutes duration except for One to One courses.
All books are loaned free of charge but may be purchased by students if required.
English Plus options include : General English, Conversational English.
Maximum number of students in Easter and Summer classes 16. All other classes 15.
Public holidays 2013 MAR 29, APR 01 ,MAY 06 , MAY 27, AUG 26
There is a 2 week holiday at Christmas when the school is closed.
Examination practice and training is given for all exams.
Courses are normally held between 9.30am - 4.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Levels of English - For General Main English, International School Year Programme, English Plus, Easter & Summer Courses we offer classes from Beginner to Advanced levels. For Extra Intensive and Double Summer Courses we offer classes from Elementary to Higher Intermediate levels. Cambridge Advanced and Proficiency courses are suitable for Advanced level students.
Beginners can only start at the start of each term.Please check with the school for start dates.
End of tem holidays - For all courses except Summer, Easter and Executive there is no school on the following dates: March 1, April 26, August 30, October 25, December 20
The costs for all examinations are not included in the price. Cambridge exam prices for 2013 are as follows: IELTS £132, PET £78, BEC PRELIMINARY £80, BEC VANTAGE £110, FCE £111, CAE £114, CPE £117 (these prices are subject to change)
Conditions of Enrolment
- 1. Cancellation of Course. Cancellation can be made by registered post only and is subject to the following indemnity more than 21 days before course commencement, two weeks' school and accommodation fees. Less than 21 days before course commencement, no refund of school fees unless special emergencies prevail.
- 2. Withdrawal from a Course. No fees are refundable in the case of late arrival, leaving early or being asked to leave the Academy because of misconduct such as non-attendance or unacceptable behaviour. The Principal may exercise discretion under special circumstances.
- 3. Accommodation. This is normally arranged from the Saturday prior to course commencement to the Saturday after course termination. Cancellation or change must be notified to the Academy at least one week in advance. In the absence of the required notice one week's additional accommodation fee is payable.
- 4. The Academy or its staff will not be liable for any loss, damage, injury or illness to person or property. Students should take out their own personal insurance.
- 5. There will be a holiday on the Friday of each end of term for the Main and Examination Courses. No fees are refundable.
- 6. The Academy is closed on all English Public Holidays and no fees are refundable.
- 7. Students are accepted on the understanding that English will be spoken at all times. Failure to do this may lead to the student being asked to leave the Academy.
a) Complete and return the enrolment form to the Academy with the non-refundable enrolment fee or full fees, and two passport photographs.
b) The Academy will confirm acceptance by letter and enclose an invoice with payment instruction. Or, if fees have already been paid, enclose a receipt, an acceptance letter, accommodation details and student identity card.
c) School and accommodation fees should be paid at least 4 weeks prior to commencement. Total fees are payable with booking.
d) Details of our bank account are to be found on the enrolment form.
Through an Agency:
Complete and return the enrolment form to the agency with any requested deposit and follow their instructions. The Westbourne Academy recommends this system of enrolment if you have an agent in your country. This enables you to pay in your own currency, obtain a full explanation in your own language and receive advice on all forms of travel to and from England.
A contract is made only when a student's enrolment has been confirmed and a receipt for fees has been issued by the Academy.